Finally RoR 0.20
Here comes the long awaited 0.20 version. This one is a major technical step toward a scenarized game.
- Now you can have several trucks simultaneously in the scenery. The loads have been "detached" from their truck, and can be manipulated by any truck. Trucks and loads are declared in the terrain file, and the user chooses one extra truck at startup.
- To go from truck to truck, an animated character has been added (as in Grand Theft Auto). A typical trucker character is under construction, but is not yet ready, so I had to resolve to use a scary robot that is given with Ogre3D as an interim character.
- Major 3D optimizations has been made. Framerate should be up! (but if several trucks are interacting, the physics simulation is slower)
- Hyper realist water, with reflection, refraction and fresnel effect. The same technique as in Half Life 2! Requires a recent video card. The water physics is also implemented, see the trucks sinking or floating, and watch out for engine stalling.
- Easyest and more reliable locking.
Beware: this version requires DirectX 9c so if it does not start, update your DirectX.