News and Updates on the Rigs of Rods truck simulator, based on an advanced soft-body physics engine.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Biting the apple


I recently acquired a MacBook Pro to port RoR to the MacOSX platform. This is also a fantastic laptop to use. Donation helped me a bit. Okay, it did not paid it all, but it helped me to go to the high end rather than a buying a poor Mini that would not be very useful to me in normal use.
The port is almost finished, and the MacBook performs like a chief (it is even faster than my main computer!). I love it. Also people of Ogre3D do a fantastic job of keeping Ogre multi platform.
You can expect the next version to be released on 3 platforms (Windows, Linux, MacOS). I will try to get it packed up before the end of the year, but I can't promise!
So thank again to all the donators for their participation. You can still continue to donate, as this will help me pay the game server invoices.

Cheers!

10 Comments:

Blogger idunno ® said...

First Comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19/12/07 00:39

 
Blogger tom95521 said...

Fantastic. The screenshot looks amazing. I can't wait to try it on my mac mini.
Thanks!
Tom

19/12/07 16:29

 
Blogger Parkrrr said...

Excellent!! Glad to see RoR expanding :)

19/12/07 23:24

 
Blogger Adam said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

20/12/07 04:38

 
Blogger Adam said...

Thats Great News! I can't wait to test it on my 24 inch mac!

I no longer use windows...but I miss ROR!

20/12/07 04:39

 
Blogger PhillO said...

This is incredible! Can't wait to test this on my 24" iMac, should look KILLER!

26/12/07 11:45

 
Blogger Cameron D said...

I cant wait to try it on my MBP, I just upgraded to Leopard and iLife 08 and with ROR, it will be the perfect computer! When do you think it will be avaliable for download?

27/12/07 17:45

 
Blogger KaffeLars said...

Any estimate on when 0.34 will be out..?

7/1/08 13:51

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent news, eagerly awaiting..,

20/1/08 00:12

 
Blogger Mistajazz said...

hey i need some help i have a macbook the black fully loaded one but i can configure any thing on it also i cant put any other packs in it if i try to configure something it quits it starts to get really annoying... if any one knows how to fix this please email me at mistajazz@gmail.com
-- thanks

25/10/08 20:33

 

Post a Comment

<< Home