RoR 0.32, IGF, no network
Finally the long-brewing new version of RoR is out!
Contrary to previous announcements, I had to make a strategic change of priority in order to enter the Independent Game Festival, and meet their October, 1st deadline.
That important choice has two consequence:
- I had not enough time to develop and test a functional network version before the deadline. So I concentrated on finalizing a clean 0.32, "IGF edition" version of the game, and report the network feature to version 0.33. My plan is to concentrate on network right now, and release 0.33 ASAP.
- I will not change the way Rigs of Rods is developed until the result of the IGF.
- New installer package
- Smooth roads
- Tons of new vehicles, sorted by category, thanks to all the contributors!
- Different spawn points for trucks, airplanes, boats, and loads
- Experimental vegetation, thanks to Thomas
- Upgraded objects model, LUA scripting, and mission support capability
- Update to Ogre 1.4.3
- Many other features and bugfix