Rigs of Rods 0.36 is out!
Finally after almost 11 months!
This release was pretty hard to finish to say the least. I hope you will enjoy the hard work.
It includes many new vehicles and terrains. Some are still in beta state and I thank their authors for allowing me to include them in the release. I hope they will forgive me for the occasional bugs and broken taillights that may arise from the rushed release process. I hope these brilliant vehicles and terrains will encourage more creations for the game.
The new features are numerous, the most visible are:
- Environment map effects (chrome effects)
- Shader support (with damage map)
- Completely new ground friction physics: now more realistic than ever
- Custom sounds
- Better support of flexbodies
- New user interface
- Files reorganization : now all the files you need to access are in your "My Documents\Rigs of Rods" directory - no more in the Program Files directory.
- And much more...
Thanks to all the people that helped to the realization of this version.
Special thanks for Box5diesel, Lifter and Sneer for their prolific and very high quality work.
Thanks to Thomas for his very hard work helping me pushing this release.
Thanks to all the donators, volunteers and moderators of the forums.
Note that from now on, the releases will be hosted on sourceforge :