Rigs of Rods is going Open Source
I decided to publish the source code of Rigs of Rods 0.36 under the GPLv3 licence.
Why this decision?
- To attract and motivate more volunteers and contributors.
- To give us some oxygen. The project is too big to maintain for just Thomas and me. Also, we have the desire to turn the page and work on new projects, possibly related to RoR, but I don't want to "kill" RoR by doing so.
- To give back to all the Open Source projects that gave us the possibility to use their code under the LGPL, like Ogre3D.
- To be able to use the resources offered by SourceForge for Open Source projects.
- To ease the porting of RoR to the Linux platform.
There will be a more formal Open Source announcement to build the hype once 0.36 is released.