RoR 0.25 is out
This new version includes a lot of new things under the hood:
- I upgraded my compiler to Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition (which is free!). This change means that you must install the vccrt.msi file that is in the RoR directory. Just double click on it and you're done. This will install the new Microsoft Visual C++ runtime.
- RoR now uses the new Ogre 1.2 library, allowing me to put new cool effects.
- New special effets: Sunburn (light overexposure), Bloom (wet eye effect) and a way more faster Motion Blur.
- Functionnal rear view mirrors in cockpit mode. You can even adjust them with the Ins, Del, Home and End keys. Now you can try to lock a trailer from the inside of the cabin.
- Functionnal indicators in the 3D dashboard.
- An enhanced city, still under contruction, with streets and curbs.
- A new animated character, under construction (not textured yet), to replace the robot, thanks to SLander.
- Now there is an ignition switch on the trucks. Press X to toggle it.
- The yellow RVI crane truck has been converted to a fully featured terrain editor. You can use it to place roads and objects in the scenery. I will document in the Wiki how to use it.
- The wrecker hook has been slightly modified to ease turning while hooking.
- Roads have more grip.