A second patch, called 0.29b has been released for version 0.29.
It solves the bugs that appeared with patch 0.29a (manual clutch problems and sound bugs).
But there is more! Patch 0.29b adds also enhancements:
- An accurate ground contact: no more strange behaviour on steep cliffs, and more life-like slidings, drifting, wheel lock-ups.
- An updated sound library, that should give better hardware mode sound, and less program crashes.
- Better airplane maniability, I underestimated the control surface authority (also, if you configure a joystick axis to the rudder, the front wheel turns with the rudder, instead of the ailerons).
- Performance boost for water effects, expecially for the Reflection+Refraction mode.
- More informative error messages in Ogre.log when RoR fails to parse a truck file.